Join the Literature Ireland team and help bring Irish literature to readers around the world!
Literature Ireland is the national organisation for the promotion of the literature of Ireland abroad. We achieve this by running an international translation grant programme and literary translator development projects, exhibiting at world book fairs, organising the participation of Irish writers at events and festivals abroad, and by producing a range of publications and other resources. Literature Ireland is funded by the Arts Council and Culture Ireland.
Literature Ireland now wishes to appoint a full-time literature project officer with experience in digital marketing. The ideal candidate will have a background in literature and/or foreign languages, a relevant degree, some experience in digital marketing and content development, and a good understanding of brand management. Fluent English, strong writing and editing skills, deep intercultural and linguistic sensitivity, and a passion for Irish books and writing are key skills for the role.
Some familiarity with literary translation and/or the international publishing landscape would be an advantage, as would some experience in event or project management. A good written command of the Irish language is desirable but not essential.
Our offices are situated on the second floor of a Georgian building where we are partners in the Trinity Centre for Literary and Cultural Translation. The post will be primarily desk-based, though some travel will be required from time to time.
The main duties of the role are as follows:
· To develop attractive and engaging content for Literature Ireland’s website and social media platforms.
· To help manage the development of Literature Ireland’s digital strategy.
· To develop and deliver literature promotion projects and projects which connect the organisation’s digital activities with its programmes and publications.
· To help with the editing of print publications.
· To assist in organising Literature Ireland’s participation at international book fairs and other showcases.
· To help build brand awareness of Literature Ireland’s programmes at home and abroad.
A full job description and salary range is available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the role, please send a copy of your CV and a letter of expression of interest to email@example.com no later than Tuesday, 19 April 2022, at 5:30 p.m.
Posted to on 29 Mar 2022.