Policies & Legal Notes
The Board and staff of Literature Ireland are pleased to adopt the Words Ireland Charter for Inclusion.
Current Literature Ireland policies and strategies:
- Literature Ireland is committed to protecting the privacy of users of this website and its related Translation Grant Online Application System website. In the following policy document, the term “website” shall be used to refer to both of these websites collectively. We are aware that as a user of this website you care about the security and privacy of your information.
- In order to use this site effectively and submit and review applications, you may be asked for information when you register with us. For the online application system, we will require, among other things your name, email address, address, telephone number. The names and CV(s) of your translator(s) will also be required. Successful applicants will be asked to upload their company’s bank account details.
- No information provided will be divulged to any other third party save pursuant to clause 4 below, unless we receive your prior authorisation and/or we are required to do so by law.
- We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give us. Agents or contractors of Literature Ireland who have access to information you give us in the course of providing services to us are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services which they are performing for us.
The IP address of the users webserver.
The top level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .net, .biz).
The previous website address from which the user reached us, including any search criteria used.
Click screen data which shows the traffic of users around this website (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded).
The type of web browser used by the website user.
- Literature Ireland tracks the pages browsed by you on the website. This is to enable Literature Ireland to better determine the needs of the users of the website. It is the policy of Literature Ireland never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party. This technical information will only be used by Literature Ireland for statistical and other administrative purposes.
- You accept that any information or message you send to the website may be intercepted or read by others. You hereby acknowledge and accept that we have no responsibility and shall accept no liability whatsoever for loss, injury or damage occasioned by the interception by third parties of your transmissions, or the disclosure of information, nor do we offer any guarantees, warranties or indemnities as to the security or otherwise of any information which you give us.
- The website contains links to other sites not controlled or operated by Literature Ireland. Literature Ireland is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites that it does not control or operate.
- If you have given us information about yourself and would like copies of that information, or you would like us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information, or if you would like that information deleted from our records, then please contact our administrator. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete information about you on our files. We are entitled to charge you a fee for supplying you with copies of information which we hold.
Website Accessibility (literatureireland.com):
Literature Ireland is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with European Union (Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications of Public Sector Bodies) Regulations 2020.
This website is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 level AA and has been tested using the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool powered by WebAIM.
At the time of writing (9 September 2023), the URL https://www.literatureireland. com received no errors.
It also reported 15 positive accessibility 'features' and 13 Structural Elements.
Where there were any additional warnings or alerts such as link text being flagged, we have checked to confirm that in context the text make sense and are not redundant links.